DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION
Full-time Employment Opportunity
Classification: Full-Time, Unclassified, Exempt
Title: Elections Programmer and IT Systems Administrator
Location: Perry County Board of Elections, 200 S. Jackson St. New Lexington, OH 43764 Usual Hours of Work: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm (Additional hours during elections and other times throughout the year)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Open: December 2, 2021
End: December 21, 2021 or until filled
Applications are available online at http://www.perrycountyohio.net/images/2021-images-and-documents/PerryCountyBoardofElections_Application_11_12_2021.pdf.
Submit resume, completed application and 3 professional references – Attention: Jamie Snider at Perry County Board of Elections, 200 S. Jackson St., New Lexington, Ohio 43764 Deadline for application: December 21, 2021 – or posted until filled.
Job Duties: The Elections Programmer and IT Systems Administrator is a full-time position with medical/dental/vision benefits offered. This is a newly created position. The position is within the administration of Perry County Board of Elections and reports to the Director.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and Hyper-V virtualization.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Lead support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Responsible for maintaining network standards as required by Secretary of State mandates and directives.
- Responsible for Cyber Security
- Program Ballot
- Phone System Maintenance
- Public Speaking to assist with Public Outreach Initiatives & Training
- Setting up for Training & Meetings
- Running & Testing Elections Equipment
- Keeping Accurate records of Board Equipment
- Attend conferences, meetings, and trainings as required and appropriate
- Excellent communication skills to included public speaking
- Operation of computer and various computer programs
- Operation of office equipment
- Travel in and out of county and operate county vehicle
- Other duties as assigned
Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, OR equivalent experience required
- System administration and IT certifications in Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus
- Working knowledge of virtualization, Hyper-V, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- Elections experience preferred
- Cybersecurity experience preferred
- Ohio Elections knowledge
- ORC knowledge
- Knowledge of Sunshine Laws
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other relevant programs
- Candidate must exhibit how they meet the minimum qualifications
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated
All Staff Must:
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Computer skills test required•Pass BCI/FBI background check
- Must be able to pass a drug & alcohol test
- Comply with all safety and operational rules for motor vehicles
- Complete assignments in a timely manner, adhering to scheduling
- Keep a neat and clean appearance, dressing in appropriate attire
- Must present self in a professional manner
Unusual Working Conditions/Hazards
The position may require travel to include overnight stay. Will require lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds. May be exposed to or work in various weather conditions.