Miami County Board of Elections
The Miami County Board of Elections is looking to fill the position of Deputy Director. The position of Deputy Director, under the direction of the Director, is responsible for overseeing, directing and managing the Board of Elections staff; conducting fair and impartial elections; managing operational procedures; devising, recommending and adhering to the annual budget; implementing changes required by the Ohio Secretary of State, federal legislation, and Ohio Revised Code, implementing policies of the Board of Elections, and reporting to the Ohio Secretary of State.
- The successful candidate must be registered with the Democratic Party and reside within Miami County or be willing to relocate within 30 days.
- Applicants with election administration experience are preferred.
- Applicants must have experience with and the ability to apply effective supervisory skills to direct, motivate and manage personnel, as well as the ability to convey or exchange information including giving assignments or direction to Board employees.
- College level education is preferred but consideration will be given to individuals with specialized training and/or certification in various elections processes.
- Experience operating voting machines and other office equipment and/or have the ability to obtain training in such within a specified time frame as determined by the Director.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Ability to use, interpret, and apply election law terminology and language.
- Ability to assist the public with information within the scope of the Board’s jurisdiction.
- Ability to perform all other duties assigned, delegated or required of the Director, including those prescribed by law, policy or directive.
- Effective written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with human resources policies and practices.
- Familiarity with handling budgets and public appropriation of funds.
- Ability to be adaptable and to perform in stressful or emergency situations.
- Ability to conduct self at all times in a professional and courteous manner.
- Applicants must submit to and pass a criminal background check as well as a credit check.
- Applicants must complete a Form 307 (Questionnaire for Prospective Appointment as a Member, Director, or Deputy Director of the County Board of Elections). The form can be found at sos.state.oh.us/globalassets/elections/forms/307.pdf
Starting compensation will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include: health insurance, Ohio Public Employee Retirement System, life insurance, dental plan and optical plan options, deferred compensation, paid vacation (after one year), sick leave and holiday pay. Qualified candidates must submit a resume with a cover letter, a completed Form 307, and three references to: Miami County Board of Elections, 215 W. Main St., Troy, OH 45373.
Miami County Ohio is an Equal Opportunity Employer