Board of Elections
Must be a Democrat
The Delaware County Board of Elections is looking to fill the position of Deputy Director/ Democratic Party. This position is responsible for overseeing, directing and managing the Board of Elections staff; managing operation procedures; devising, recommending and adhering to the annual budget; conducting fair and impartial elections; implementing changes required by the Ohio Revised Code, federal legislation, and other rules regarding conducting elections or election procedures; implementing policies of the Board of Elections; and reporting to the Ohio Secretary of State.
- The successful candidate must be affiliated with the Democratic Party and reside within Delaware County or be willing to relocate immediately;
- Three – five years of Election management experience and must have experience with and ability to apply effective supervisory skills to direct, motivate and manage personnel;
- College level education is preferred but consideration will be given to individuals with specialized training and/or certification in various aspects of the election process.
- Experience operating voting machines and other office equipment;
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Successful and efficient database management, including use of voter database with the Ohio Secretary of State;
- Ability to use, interpret and apply election law terminology and language;
- Ability to assist public with information within the scope of the board’s jurisdiction;
- Ability to receive and implement assignments and instructions for board members and Secretary of State’s office;
- Ability to perform all other duties as assigned, delegated or required of the Director or Deputy Director, including those prescribed by law, rule or directive;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Familiarity with human resources policies and practices;
- Familiarity with handling budgets and public appropriation of funds;
- Ability to convey or exchange information including giving assignments or direction to board personnel;
- Ability to be adaptable and to perform in stressful or emergency situations; and
- Ability to conduct self at all times in a professional and courteous manner.
The starting compensation for this position ranges from $120,000 to $130,000 per year depending on the experience level of the candidate. Qualified candidates must submit a resume and employment application (https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/codelawareoh/) to the Delaware County Board of Elections Office, 2079 US Hwy 23 North, PO Box 8006, Ground Floor, Delaware, Ohio, 43015. Resumes and employment application must be received by the end of business at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, May 26, 2023.
Delaware County, Ohio
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Post: April 21, 2023