Job Duties: Required to perform the regular duties of a Board of Elections, including:
- Assist with recruiting, training and payroll for over 700 poll workers
- Develop, schedule and conduct in-person and remote training classes
- Prepare voting equipment, supplies and polling locations for Election Day
- Assist the public on a daily basis with election-related questions
- Assist other clerks with Voter Registration, Absentee Mail voting and Early Voting
- Assist with petition checking and processing
- Must be affiliated with the Republican Party
- High School Diploma or GED, plus 1 year performing specialized clerical support with public contact or 2 years of college or advanced related technical training.
- Must have experience in Windows based computer environment and be able to type accurately with attention to detail. Requires advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Software with proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Must have the ability to perform complex and specialized clerical support work, read and understand instructions.
- Must have a positive attitude with a good work ethic.
- Must be able to work well with the public as well as in a team environment.
- Must have good communication and telephone skills to work with voters, candidates and the general public who come into the office or call on the phone.
- Must be neat, clean and present self in a professional manner
- Salary is dependent upon qualifications.
- Good working environment. Clermont County provides a drug-free workplace
- Benefits include paid vacation, sick and personal days, health, dental, vision and disability insurance after 90 days of full-time employment, deferred compensation plan and participation in the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System
- Successful applicant is required to provide a Criminal Background Check.
- 120-day probationary period
The deadline to submit a resume and letter of interest is 4:00 pm on Friday, July 31, 2021. Please submit to: Clermont County Board of Elections, 76 S. Riverside Drive, Ohio 45103 or email@example.com .
The Clermont County Board of Elections is an Equal Opportunity Employer.